Potential donors interested in donating or pledging material to the Collection but who are not sure of its suitability should click on the Contact tab and a member of the Collection’s Advisory Board will work with you to assess the suitability of the material.
Please remember that donations to the Collection normally involve full transfer of ownership.
Material donated to the Collection will normally be made available for research purposes after cataloguing and indexing. In relevant cases, however, following discussions with a donor, a moratorium on access may be agreed.
- Personal papers, records, correspondence and manuscripts relating to journalism, media institutions, and political communication / campaigns
- Non-published records of state or industry appointed bodies that dealt with the media
- NUJ and other organisational / institutional records
- Annual reports, company records and internal newsletters
- Selected books, pamphlets and serials relating to media / journalism in Ireland
- Photographs, prints, drawings and posters relating to media / journalism in Ireland
- Annotated clippings books, notebooks, scrapbooks and letterheads
- Memorabilia and ephemera relating to media / journalism in Ireland
Private individuals may have collections of personal papers, records, correspondence, manuscripts, NUJ records, books, pamphlets, serials, photographs, official publications, annual reports, notebooks, scrapbooks, letterheads, prints, drawings, memorabilia, ephemera and posters that would add significantly to the Collection. Organisations, associations, and companies of various kinds may also have relevant records and files that would be of interest and relevance to the Collection.